Same-Day Emergency Dental Care Washington DC
Are you suffering from pain in your teeth or gums? Have you cracked or knocked out a tooth? You don’t have to suffer! Call us right away, and we can instruct you on how to handle it, and then find a place in our schedule for treatment the same day emergency dental care . It’s important that you get a fast diagnosis and immediate treatment so we can hopefully save a tooth or even your healthy smile long-term. Our caring, compassionate, and very gentle team is here to support you.
Common dental emergencies include:
- Mouth sores
- Tooth pain
- Gum pain
- Pain with hot or cold
- Cracked tooth
- Fractured tooth
Here are some things you can do before you come in to see us:
- If you think your jaw is fractured or that you could be suffering a life-threatening emergency, call 911.
- Take acetaminophen (such as Tylenol) or ibuprofen (like Advil) for pain. Ice can be applied for 10-20 minutes out of an hour.
- Orajel, campho-phenique, and similar over-the-counter medications can ease a mouth sore by laying a protective film over the area.
- A bitten lip or tongue or similar soft tissue injury can also be eased by application of ice or pressure.
- Have you had an extraction and are bleeding? Folded gauze needs to be applied with pressure to the site. Another option is to soak a tea bag, wrap it in a thin layer of gauze, and apply pressure for an hour.
- For a chipped tooth, soft wax can be placed over the broken area. If you have the chip, place it in a cup of milk or in water with a pinch of salt.
- Knocked out adult permanent teeth should be put back in place and held while you’re on your way to see us. If you can’t do that, put it in a cup of milk or water. You’ll need to be seen immediately.